Are you the proud owner of a new Body Cardio smart scale? Want to know how to make the most of it? You’ve come to the right place. Read on to learn about all of the exciting features of your new connected scale.
Once you’ve finished pairing the Body Cardio with your phone, you’re ready to start tracking your weight, body composition, and heart health. Read on for tips to help you learn how to use this advanced scale and understand all it has to offer.
1. Find a home for your scale. Your scale can live in the bedroom or the bathroom, really anywhere that’s convenient for you. Just be sure to pick a spot that helps you remember to actually use the scale.
2. Hop on the scale. Our Position Control technology will help you find the center for the most accurate reading. If your weight resembles that of another user, the screen will split showing both trigrams (the three letters you choose to identify each user). Lean to the side displaying your trigram to signal which user you are, and the data will register to your profile.
3. The scale will display weight, body composition (body fat and total water percentage plus muscle and bone mass), heart rate, and a local weather report (if connected through a Wi-Fi network). It can also show your steps from the previous day if you’ve been using a Nokia activity tracker or Health Mate’s built-in activity tracking feature and you activate this screen.
To customize what appears on the scale screen go to “my devices” > select Body Cardio > select “Screens customization.”
Note: Don’t worry if the weather screen doesn’t show up the first time you step on the scale with Wi-Fi enabled. Once your first round of data is sent to Health Mate, the scale’s location will be set, and the weather screen should display during your next weigh-in.
4. All data will be instantly and automatically updated on your Health Mate account. Open the Health Mate app to analyze your trends and track your progress.
Interpret Your Results
When you open Health Mate after stepping on the scale, you will find several screens to help you interpret your results.
The screen displays a snapshot of your complete body composition. Your weight and fat mass are displayed at the top. Below that, you’ll find your BMI, and then a breakdown of your body composition, including either percentage or absolute weight of body fat, muscle, and bone, depending on the settings in your app.
Another screen displays trends over time of each body metric when you select it. In addition to viewing a breakdown of your body composition, you can view trends in your heart health metrics via the standing heart rate measure.
Become familiar with Health Mate
In addition to automatically recording your results from the Body Cardio, Health Mate lets you do the following:
- Set a weight goal
- Select a target date for your goal
- Break your goal into achievable weekly subgoals
- Get inspired with daily messages and insights
- Manage your daily calorie intake with the nutrition tracking feature via MyFitnessPal
Health Mate is also compatible with more than 100 partner apps such as Weight Watchers, Lose It!, RunKeeper, and Strava.
Body Cardio gives you the means to improve your health with the most advanced scale in the world. Remember that in addition to your weight and body composition, it can give you an indication of your cardiovascular health thanks to measuring pulse wave velocity, an innovative measure generally limited to a clinical environment. Note: For now, this metric is not available for users in the US.
So, have you taken the scale for a spin? Enjoying it? Any issues you still need help with?
Here’s where you can read the Body Cardio FAQ and contact customer support.